DAT Freight & Analytics has updated its freight rates for July. Here is what the freight rates are for July 2021, as well as the previous two months having their numbers updated.
Freight Rate Numbers for July
- Dry van went up six cents, an increase of two percent, to a total of $2.73 per mile.
- Flatbed is the only one that decreased in July, from $3.15 to $3.11 per mile.
- Reefer increased five cents to $3.14.
- As an average of all three, the rate increased ever so slightly to $2.99.
If the increase in demand keeps up for another month, the average is sure to pass over the $3 per mile marker, marking the first time in recorded history that has happened. In spite of all of the crazy things happening in the world at the moment, the trucking industry continues to keep on trucking forward despite whatever challenge is thrown at it.
- Oregon State Bill Plans to Outlaw Diesel Sales
- Truckers Guide to Rebuilding Bad Credit
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Petroleum
- Best Trucker Memes
- DOT Allows Overweight Transport of Fuels
About Go Capital
Go Capital specializes in providing funding for small to medium-sized trucking businesses that are looking to buy a used truck or trailer to expand the fleet. Even if your credit is not the greatest, we can work with you to get you or your employee behind the wheel and start generating cash!
Click below to get a no-obligation quote. No hard inquiries, no impact on your credit.