Trucking Jobs Increase for July 2021
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has updated the numbers for the trucking industry yet again. The numbers, while mostly preliminary, are looking good.
Trucking Job Numbers
Every month, the BLS updates the data for the last three months. They make a new preliminary estimate, revise an older preliminary, and solidify the final number for three months back. It can be confusing, but getting numbers to be as accurate as possible can take a lot of behind the scenes work.
With that in mind, the employment counts released in early August 2021 are:
- July 2021: 1,491,800 (preliminary).
- June 2021: 1,488,400 (preliminary, 1,900 more than the previous estimate).
- May 2021: 1,482,000 (solidified, 1,900 more than the previous estimate, 2,300 jobs higher than the first estimate).
The trucking industry is now only approximately 33,000 jobs short of its pre-pandemic numbers for February 2020. With the trucking industry ablaze due to increased demand, hopefully it can find enough warm bodies to fit into cabs nationwide.
- Oregon State Bill Plans to Outlaw Diesel Sales
- Truckers Guide to Rebuilding Bad Credit
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Petroleum
- Best Trucker Memes
- DOT Allows Overweight Transport of Fuels
About Go Capital
Go Capital specializes in providing funding for small to medium-sized trucking businesses that are looking to buy a used truck or trailer to expand the fleet. Even if your credit is not the greatest, we can work with you to get you or your employee behind the wheel and start generating cash!
Click below to get a no-obligation quote. No hard inquiries, no impact on your credit.